27 August 2005

to sleep, perchance to dream

does pippin dream? the brain, the mind is a wondrous thing. last night, one of the players in my dream was a woman i haven't thought about, much less seen, in twenty years. twenty years! she wasn't even someone i really knew - just a customer of mine when i was a bank teller way back when, albeit one of whom i was particularly fond. where did that beam in from?

i can usually remember my dreams when i first wake up. for years, i never dreamt about the people close to me - my family, my friends. the closest i came to that was dreaming about some musician or actor
with whom i was familiar . then slowly, over the past ten years or so, friends and family have started to show up. after my parents died in 93/94, they started to show up a lot. classic unfinished business, i guess.

on the subject of the wonders of the brain, i'm fascinated by the extent to which it can multitask. i was driving along in my car one day, and suddenly it hit me - i was driving, singing along with a cd and thinking about something else, all at the same time. whew!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home