25 August 2005

here i am...

my first tentative steps in the blogosphere. i'd like to share my experience of life with my wordybird - my soulmate pippin, my beautiful 3 year old african grey parrot. for anyone who's read philip pullman's his dark materials trilogy, you'll know what i mean when i say that pippin is my daemon. he has radically changed my feelings about sentience in beings other than humans. he's very young in parrot terms - he will certainly outlive me and could reach 40 or 50 - and his vocabulary is constantly expanding. he recombines words and phrases he has learned and uses them in context. it's pretty amazing.

i'm sure the rest of my day to day life will sneak in here as well. i usually feel like i'm stumbling around in a country where no one speaks my language, but i've found many kindred spirits here in blogdom.

wish me well!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim Carney said...

I wish you well, WordyBird! It is all fun!

10:14 PM  
Blogger Kim Carney said...

I will be in Houston in October for a couple of days, we can do lunch! Or tea, or cocktails.

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home